Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We Love I Love Grey Skys....




Featured Seller on Etsy!!




Please describe your creative process how, when, materials, etc.

Well most of my ideas and planning of projects happen at night time, as I put my son to sleep. After reading him a story I lay next to him while he unwinds and gets cozied up. It's then, in that silence that I really focus on the imagery I want my next or current project to take. Sometimes I come out of his room and write it down before I finally get some time to hang out and talk to my husband, but mostly I remember the ideas.

Luckily my son still naps for a couple hours each day and it is then (and only then) that I get the time to actually bring my ideas to form. I usually put on some music, go into my studio and approach whatever I happen to be working on. With the sculptures I make for the shop, there is always many steps and processes that are being worked on simultaneously. For instance, I may start by sanding some wood for the bases and take them out into my shop in the garage for staining. While the first coat absorbs into the wood, I'll then come in and sculpt with clay. Then back to the garage to wipe the first coat of stain off and perhaps start a paper mache mask . I think it's this variety of task that keeps me so interested. I'm also a painter but after painting and concentrating for 2 hours straight I can get a bit drained, but the sculptures are less serious, more fun." - Etsy Featured Seller Interview.



No comments: